Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cold. Cold, cold, cold.

New Zealand is experiencing a polar blast today. Snow has been predicted for the next 3 days. It's May. Mid-May to be exact. I wore tights, tall boots, skirt, sweater, wool pea coat and gloves (while driving) today. My new car has a great heater. The main room I work in at the helicopter company I work at was toasty warm, but by 4pm this afternoon, I was freezing! Shivering. Even a hot cup of tea at tea time didn't help. I'm actually a bit concerned about this winter. This will be my second winter living in New Zealand, and only my second cold winter ever. About this time in California, I'd be starting to walk to the beach a block away from where I lived to lay in the warm sunshine on weekends. Instead, this weekend, I'll probably be shopping for more pairs of boots and a warm dress coat for a business trip to Auckland in a few weeks. Ahhhhh, how life has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment