Saturday, June 19, 2021

Consolidate

In 2014, I met a friend for dinner in Wellington.  We had worked for the same international company, but in different regions of the country.  We had met one month after my life changed considerably in 2011.  She told me that I didn't look well at all, and we started a conversation about healing.  It was then that I decided to adopt her idea of picking a word (or in my case, three) that would be my guide for the following year.  I've been picking those words every year since.

After a year like no other, I didn't know what words I could possibly select that would serve as my guides for 2021.  Where was I?  Where was the world?  What was going to happen next?

After reviewing all of my words since 2015 and realising that the world is now a different place, I decided that what I needed to do was consolidate.   Someone said to me that if you make the decision to move, you consolidate your resources.  You bring them together in order to move forward, to make a change.

Today is exactly one week from the seven year anniversary of the last time I wrote about Living in Aotearoa, and this is how I left my blog back on 26th June 2014.  I wanted to remember what it looked like, what I had created in 2009, because that my was journey then.  But it's time to make a change in order to move forward.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment